Workshop for women fish workers (Chennai district level) was held on 10th June 2014 at Royapuram, Chennai and 18th July 2014 at Pattinampakkam and organized by Coastal Action Network, HRARF, FLLRC, NAVO, UDAVI, CCRD & CCPM. More than 110 women fish workers and vendors 12 NGO’s representatives participated in this conference from 7 villages and shared their issue and demands.
- Importance of creating Union
- Organising women fish workers to building the Union
- Villupuram District Convention for Women Fish workers’ Rights held on 22-11-2014, Villupuram, Organised by Tamil Nadu Women Fish Workers Federation (TNWFWF) and Supported by Human Rights Advocacy and Research Foundation (HRF), Legal Aid to Women Trust (LAW TRUST). Around 87 Women Fish workers participated. In this convention Villupuram District Level Federation for Women Fish workers was formed.
Main themes were discussed:
- Women Fish Workers livelihood Rights
- Women’s Rights: halting violence against women and promoting women participation
- Mega Projects impact on fishing women and their families