Advanced Training on Women’s Rights: Monitoring the Implementation of PWDV Act and State Mechanisms On 10th March 2017, Chennai
This is an advanced training of trainers (ToT) course that will be useful for middle to senior level women’s rights defenders with some experience.
The medium of instruction, and course material, will be Tamil.
The intensive workshop will cover:
- Gender Justice and SDGs: Indicators, integration and implementation (monitoring and mobilization)
- Mapping institutions / state mechanisms for PWDVA: Tools and Techniques for monitoring the rights of Women at different levels (district, state)
- Women rights in Tamil Nadu: What works and what doesn’t. The laws (with special focus on PWDVA, Dowry Prohibition Act, POCSO Act), Enforcement Agencies and Human Rights Institutions (TNSCW).
- DV: Special needs of single women.
- Strategies for more effective protection of women and prevention of domestic violence.
Certificates of participation will be awarded.
The registration fee is Rs.2000. It covers training material, lunch, accommodation and refreshments during the programme. A few scholarships are available. Please contact Indira at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Deadline: Please confirm your participation by Tuesday, 28 February 2017.
If the website or internet is inaccessible, please contact Indira by phone (044- 22353503 or 9841053936) or by email at email@example.com.
Please fill in the online application form here