Advanced Training for Child Rights Defenders: Monitoring state mechanisms
Advance training for child rights defenders on Monitoring state mechanisms.
This is an advanced training of trainers (ToT) course for middle to senior level child rights defenders (CRDs) with some experience.
The medium of instruction, and course material, will be Tamil.
This intensive workshop and will cover:
- Child Rights and SDGs: Indicators, integration and implementation (monitoring and mobilization).
- Child & environment (Climate change, disaster risk reduction).
- Mapping institutions / state mechanisms for child rights; Tools and Techniques for monitoring the rights of children at (a) Village level (b) District level (c) State level.
- Child rights: what works and what doesn’t. A review of the situation in Tamil Nadu (with special focus on Child Marriage Act, SCs & STs (POA) Act, POCSO Act, JJ Act, SCPCR & District Enforcement Agencies).
- Monitoring the Rights of children with disabilities, gender minorities, children of single parents.
- Advanced techniques on using Right to Information Act for Child Rights.
- Child friendly villages: international standards and indicators.
At the end of the workshop CRDs will be equipped with tools and skills to monitor the implementation of child rights. We will also design a follow up process to systematically and regularly monitor state mechanisms and compliance across the state. We hope you will be part of this long term endeavour also.
Certificates of participation will be awarded.
Registration fee is Rs 2000. It covers training material, lunch, accommodation and refreshments during the programme.
Dates and Deadline: To be announced.
To attend, or if you face difficulty in accessing the online application form, please contact P. Tamilarasi by email at email@example.com , by phone (044) 22353503 or on mobile 9841053936 for further details.